#2722 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,267 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

:(  :pray1:

Mum to 3 adult children in their 20's and Nana to an adorable 3 year old granddaughter. Also Mum to a nutty Golden Retriever :)

#2723 angelaw

angelaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

:pray1:

#2724 earthmama

earthmama

F.R.O.G

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,641 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Me 43 Dh 50 Ds1 20 Ds2 18 Ds3 16 Dd1 14 Dd2 10 DD3 8 DD4 my baby is 5! DGD1 BRAND NEW  cat Pippin :nature-smiley-001:,Psalm 127: 4-5

#2725 BecD

BecD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,391 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

Just realised that no updates had been put in here so here are Sadie's two recent posts on FB:

30 November
Update- pregnancy
Hi everyone.
As you all know last weekend was Nathan's 2nd birthday and we had a fantastic time! I had noticed some changes in the baby's movement and told Stu I had a feeling something was wrong. We put off seeing the Dr until the evening of Nathan's birthday. I text my incredible midwife friend and she offered her support and attended the antenatal day unit with us. We first had a midwife try find the heartbeat with a Doppler but she couldn't find anything. She then called a Dr in to scan us, who unfortunately confirmed to us our fear. At 22+6 weeks our baby's heart had stopped beating. With the diagnosis of Edward's and Jacobsen syndrome we always knew this was a possibility. It was too late on Monday to do anything so we came back on Tuesday for a confirmation scan with a senior sonographer. We needed to sort Nathan and Joey and discuss things with social services so decided not to start anything off until the Wednesday.
On Tuesday Nathan's fantastic hospice, Chase, agreed to take Nathan until Monday, when we would review it and he could possibly stay until Thursday, depending on how we were feeling. We kept Joey at home.
On Wednesday I took a tablet which gets the body ready for labour.
On Friday I returned to the hospital where they gave me tablets to go into labour, anyone who knows me really well would know how terrifying labour is for me. I had the tablet at 2.30 and was in labour quite quickly! I spent the rest of the labour in the bath with a PCA (morphine on a pump controlled by me) and gas and air. Abi, my amazing midwife friend, started her shift at 7 and although was supposed to be working in the post natal ward had swapped with a colleague so she could deliver our baby.

At 2312, after getting out of the bath, I delivered Alexander Lukas in the SANDs (still birth and neonatal death society) room at East Surrey hospital. He would have been 23+3 weeks gestation due to my dates (just 4 days too early to be counted as a still birth). Midwife was absolutely amazing! I was very unwell that evening and she looked after me with such dignity, care, compassion and sympathy. On delivering Alexander it became apparent that it wasn't his condition that had ended his life but an unusual natural occurrence. Alexander was tangled in his umbilical cord, not only was it wrapped around his neck three times, but he had managed to cause a knot in his umbilical cord. This is known as a true knot. It is so devastating to think that even if Alexander didn't have his genetic condition he still would have lost his life.
I was so ill after giving birth that I was unable to move from where I was. I could barely talk. My mum and the minister from my church came and saw us. At or request the midwife took Alexander and kept him safe for us whilst we tried to get some sleep.
In the morning we dressed Alexander in a tiny sleep suit and lay him in a basket. A wonderful photographer from a charity Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep came and took some photos and a lady from the charity SANDs came and spoke with us. When they left we spent some time with Alexander before finally kissing him goodbye.
Walking out of the hospital with empty arms is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
We hope to arrange a funeral for the week of the 9th December. We will keep you updated. (Update: Funeral is Monday 9th Dec at 12pm)

A special thank you to:
our minister for coming up to the hospital and being with us at such a hard time.
my mum. For supporting us and being with us through the loss of your grandson.
A, the photographer from Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.
L from SANDs.
To A O'S. I don't know how we would have done it without you. You are just so amazing!
And finally my husband Stuey.... For standing so strong even though you were watching your wife go through immense amounts of pain and suffering. For holding me, and telling me you loved me. For topping up the bath with hot water, for being a gentle loving father. I love you x

4 December
Hey all
We are just having a rubbish week!
Obviously with everything that happened with Alexander we are grieving. But then when we went to collect Nathan from Chase yesterday he was very chesty and wheezy. Chase Drs had been giving him nebulizers and antibiotics but there had been no improvement. So we took him to east Surrey hospital, who gave him an inhaler, that didn't make any change, so they gave him a different inhaler, still no improvement. So they did a couple tests and sent us home as there was nothing else they could do!
Last night was awful, Nathan was so wheezy, so first thing this morning we called east Surrey and told them we were coming in!
On the way up to the hospital we had to pop into the undertaker's. And when Stu put on the handbrake in our car nothing happened (apart from we started rolling). Our *** handbrake has gone! I was at swearing point!
So, We got to east Surrey having to leave our car in gear so it doesn't roll. A Dr saw Nathan and gave him 3 different types of nebulizers, in the mean time he checked Nathan's results which have come up positive for rsv... your common viral chest infection.... There is nothing which can be done apart from to make sure his oxygen stays up, his temperature stays down and we keep on top of his secretions! So we are staying in hospital.

Mum has taken our car for diagnostics, but we really can't afford for it be fixed right now! Praying it is only a small cheap problem!
Desperately praying Nathan is out of hospital by Sunday night with Alexander's funeral being on Monday!

At least we have a distraction!

Me and DH, DD (5) and DS (3)

2017 – “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”” Lamentations 3:22-24

#2726 Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

Christian, Mum, Franciscan Tertiary, Geek & Governor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50,965 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Poor sadie & stu :'( praying

AMO - Where no Mum has gone before!Posted Image

Mum to DS 24/03/03 and DD 29/09/05

#2727 bushmum

bushmum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

Praying for you all and much love.

Our Lord reigns for ever and ever.
ME, DH, DS15 and DD13.

#2728 Sharon66

Sharon66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

Praying :pray2:   

Me 48, DH 49, DD1 22, DD2 21, DS 17

As for me and my house we will praise the Lord!

#2729 erica

erica

follower

• Homegroup
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,256 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Praying here too. 

Erica
"God is strong and can help you not to fall.....To him be glory..... now and forever"Jude 24-25, (NCV)

me 42 dd1 15 ds 12 dd2 8

#2730 Catriona

Catriona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

Oh, Sadie, I am so sorry to hear of everything you've gone through. For this to happen to you after all the trauma of Nathan's birth and subsequent health problems, the Lord is certainly putting you through some fiery trials. Will pray for Him to give you strength to get through the funeral and all that follows, and for Nathan to recover quickly from this latest problem.

(((((((Sadie and Stu)))))))

#2731 Barbara

Barbara

Loved by God - Praise Him!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,862 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Praying here too

Barbara

Mum to 3, mum-in-law to 3, grandma to 4
No longer a cube but very happy about it!

#2732 Annie

Annie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,693 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

And here

John 14:2

DS1 14 yrs DS2 12 yrs DS3 9 yrs

#2733 angelaw

angelaw