1421 replies to this topic

#1 Geraldine

Geraldine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

You may remember that my dd's dog was killed by another dog while she was out walking him back in July. Well we've been waiting all this time for the police to take action having been told that they would be taking a civil prosecution against him - everything was then held up because of the riots in London - dd has just heard from the police that they will not be able to take this action now because the Met. no longer fund civil prosecutions due to budget cuts. The police officer who has been dealing with this has tried everything she can and is now in negotiations with Hackney Council, who own the house where the dog owner lives, to get them to take action to ban him from owning dogs but also for them to ban him from having any animals living on the premises as part of his tenancy agreement. Dd is obviously very upset, yet again, over all this and feels very let down.

She does however have a new puppy - she just couldn't bear living without a dog and also all she could do was keep thinking about her little Jack Russell and reliving what had happened. You can see him here https://www.facebook...100002871041182 - he's gorgeous and is certainly helping dd to recover from what has happened.

Me:23/04/63 dh:08/06/57 dd:11/09/89 ds: 25/07/94 SiL:18/08/79
1 cat, 1 guinea pig and 1 dog

Colossians 2:7New Living Translation (NLT)

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

#2 SalH

SalH

Philippians 4:4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,053 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

((((Geraldine)))))) Thanks for the update. Praying your DD recovers from this and praying that something can be done. Might not be a dog next time that is the victim.

Lord please bring about your justice where ours fails. I pray specifically against injury to other animals or people as a result of this owner's negligence. AMen.

#3 Mummyminister

Mummyminister

On eagle's wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,613 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

Amen.

me 45, dd 12, adult adopted daughters dR and dS, cats Casper and Fern. 

15421145580_c93e243465_t.jpg

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength

they shall rise upon wings as eagles

they shall run and not be weary

they shall walk and not faint

help us Lord, help us Lord in your way

#4 earthmama

earthmama

F.R.O.G

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,641 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

Amen

Me 43 Dh 50 Ds1 20 Ds2 18 Ds3 16 Dd1 14 Dd2 10 DD3 8 DD4 my baby is 5! DGD1 BRAND NEW  cat Pippin :nature-smiley-001:,Psalm 127: 4-5

#5 Barbara

Barbara

Loved by God - Praise Him!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,862 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

Amen

Barbara

Mum to 3, mum-in-law to 3, grandma to 4
No longer a cube but very happy about it!

#6 hat'n'coat

hat'n'coat

Youth & Children's Evangelist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,920 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

Awww, so glad she can 'begin again with Fionnaghan!' (Wasn't that a Val Doonican song? LOL) And indeed, praying that the other dog will not attack anything or anyone else xx
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel..." (Ephesians 6:19)

#7 Geraldine

Geraldine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

The fact that this dog is being left with it's owner and could possibly attack another dog or even worse a child (dd reckons an adult would come off worse against it let alone a child!) has been our and the police's biggest concern. I think that is why the police lady is going to such lengths to try to ensure that the dog can never harm anyone else and that the owner can't just get another dog to train to be aggressive! Please pray that she is successful.

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

#8 Barbara

Barbara

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,862 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

I have started a new thread with today's posts but, please also remember to pray for Sally's DS1 and DS2 who were very disappointed not to be able to sign up for cricket and pray that provision may be found for them.

Barbara

#9 amii

amii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,376 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

:pray1:
amii

dd1 17 dd2 14

Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’

#10 cutypops

cutypops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,972 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Awww, so glad she can 'begin again with Fionnaghan!' (Wasn't that a Val Doonican song? LOL) And indeed, praying that the other dog will not attack anything or anyone else xx

It was indeed, great singer.

Laws regarding dog attacks are very vague - a girl here was bitten but the police will take no action (despite it being a so call dangerous dog) because it took place in the dogs own home not in the street. Some people posting on the local paper site said it was actually the girls fault she got bitten as she leaned towards the dog (she is 2, maybe 3).
is 43 and proud of it

Mrcuty is 39!

Aunt to three nieces, four nephews, three great nieces, & two great nephews and yet another new niece born 22 Sept, weighing 7lb

Mum to Angel Baby, given to her Heavenly Father 1985; birthday 9 February, would be 28 years old (2013). I love you Ashleigh xx

#11 Fru

Fru

• PipPipPip
  • 71,666 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

That's terrible, isn't it?

Geraldine, thanks for the update. Gorgeous puppy - praying that it really helps dd to come to terms with what happened. And thank the Lord for that police officer who is doing their utmost to do the right thing and protect other pets and people.

Amen to sally's prayer.

Sally, praying about your family cricket issues, too. Very hard indeed :(

Dh 55; Me 51; ds1 24 (aslan); ds2 22; dd 18 (narnia); Cats Midnight and Meadow

#12 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,267 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:34 AM

Geraldine, it would be interesting to hear what the RSPCA say?
Mum to 3 adult children in their 20's and Nana to an adorable 3 year old granddaughter. Also Mum to a nutty Golden Retriever :)

#13 Geraldine

Geraldine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

I spoke to them early on BBHG and they were more concerned as to whether the dog that attacked had been harmed either by it's owner or dd trying to get it to let go of dd's dog! When I explained that as well as wanting "justice" we were extremely concerned that the next time the dog attacked it could be a child I was told "we're not concerned with the welfare of the public - although we wouldn't want anyone to be hurt - our concern is solely for the welfare of the dog!" So overall not much help to us!

#14 collegemother

collegemother

collegemother

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,846 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

This shows why cuts can be so short sighted - there will be more mess to clear up after this. Sadly I have no idea who would take this one now there are no free legal centres, although dd might qualify for legal aid to take it on?
Be the difference you want to make in the world.

me 51 dh 43 dd 18 ds1 16 ds2 12

#15 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,267 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

legal aid has been drastically cut to save Government money, not sure whether an independent no win no fee solicitor would do it though?
Mum to 3 adult children in their 20's and Nana to an adorable 3 year old granddaughter. Also Mum to a nutty Golden Retriever :)

#16 Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

Christian, Mum, Franciscan Tertiary, Geek & Governor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50,965 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

Praying for Sallyh's Ds1 & 2 re cricket and for this dog to be taken away and the owner to be banned from keeping animals

AMO - Where no Mum has gone before!Posted Image

Mum to DS 24/03/03 and DD 29/09/05

#17 SalH

SalH

Philippians 4:4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,053 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Thanks. There's going to be more disappointment this week for them as the scouts programme (joeys and cubs) either isn't suitable the next few weeks, or doesn't coincide with our diaries (eg, Joeys tonight is CHristmas pageant preparation, but they can't go to the Christmas pageant because we have a family wedding so its pointless going to the Joeys night). On top of them having had to miss out on a lot with illness in the last fortnight in particular I've got overload of sadness on their behalf. Haven't told them yet. Dealing with disappointments is part of life and learning but you don't wish it on them, and generally we try to manage it by talking about alternatives, etc. Don't really have any.

#18 Geraldine

Geraldine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

Please pray for my dd - she is just putting together her application for this course http://www.gold.ac.u...-psychotherapy/
They start interviewing in January and places are offered 2 -3 weeks after interview so the earlier applications are in the more chance of obtaining a place! Dd is aiming to do the course full time for 2 years which will definitely mean she will need to obtain funding so prayers that she can get that would be much appreciated too! Thank you xx

#19 cutypops

cutypops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,972 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

Lord, please guide Geraldines DD as she applies for this course and seeks funding, may the way be smooth for her, Amen.

How are you coping with the weather, Geraldine?
is 43 and proud of it

Mrcuty is 39!

Aunt to three nieces, four nephews, three great nieces, & two great nephews and yet another new niece born 22 Sept, weighing 7lb

Mum to Angel Baby, given to her Heavenly Father 1985; birthday 9 February, would be 28 years old (2013). I love you Ashleigh xx

#20 Barbara

Barbara

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,862 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

Amen

Barbara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users