22 replies to this topic

#21 shelley

shelley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:50 PM

Having exact same issue with DD2 now! She almost 18 months and I am desperate to stop! Only difference between her and DD1 is she will not have a bottle or any other milk in any other way she drinks water from a sippy cup and refuses cows milk or formula she's never even tried it only on porridge! DD1 stopped feeding in the day herself then just stopped suddenly one night when she turned 18 months but don't see it happening this time!
ME 35 DH 55 DD1 31.08.13 DD2 19.08.15

#22 Linda

Linda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

Hope you find a solution Shelley.  Lovely to see you!  :fing30:

Well done for carrying on BF for so long with both girls.  No advice I'm afraid, other than to get DD2 used to the taste of milk from a cup, maybe with milk shakes or rice puddings?  And then try breast milk in a cup and gradually change it to follow-on milk?

I only managed a few weeks BF with both my boys so never had that issue.  It's about my only "regret" about my parenting, but they are now both strapping lads so it obviously didn't do them any harm. 

#23 Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

Christian, Mum, Franciscan Tertiary, Geek & Governor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50,039 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Does your DD2 like yoghurts? I introduced DD to yoghurt before night feed & then 2 yoghurts (the baby ones) & she soon dropped the feeds. We kept up the yoghurts as she doesn't like milk

AMO - Where no Mum has gone before!Posted Image

Mum to DS 24/03/03 and DD 29/09/05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users