• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Noo

Noo

Admin

• PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

I've received this from New Wine and immediately thought of all the things people have shared here over the years about helping our children grow in faith.  If you have wisdom you would like to contribute the link is here  but it looks like you need a Google account to take part.

In any case it's an interesting topic for discussion ...

Will they have faith?

A collective project from New Wine to grow the next generation - we need your input!

Dear  ....

We see an increasingly high percentage of children and young people raised in Christian families who do not continue in the faith outside of the home.

Children having faith is vital, so why aren't children growing in faith? 

At a survey undertaken at United 2016, it became clear that many parents are first generation followers of Jesus, so many have never seen a model of Christian parenting that they can follow. Some parents do not understand their role in discipling their children while others may understand their role but are unsure how to live that out. As a result, parents often abdicate the job of discipling their children, hoping that the church youth and children's workers will do that job. 

We can do something to turn this around.  
Together we can share ideas that can make a difference. 

This is where you as a wise parent, aunt, uncle, carer or godparent come in! New Wine are starting an exciting new project called 'Will They Have Faith?' which aims to collect good practice used by parents, church leaders and kids & family workers from across the world.

Our aim is simple: to share our collective wisdom and help children have faith.

We would love for you to share your thoughts and wisdom on this topic with us. This might look something along the lines of sending:
Any fabulous, practical tips and resources you can recommend or resources you have made that you wouldn't mind sharing, all regarding how to support children in their faith. What works? 
Ideas you use at home with your kids – tell us about bedtime routines, family prayers together, praying over the food, praying in crisis as a family. How are you passing on faith? What are the hidden gems?
Our collective wisdom could mean that in the future, we will say a whole-hearted 'Yes!' to the question 'Will they have faith?' Wouldn't it be amazing if we had a whole bank full of ideas that could then be used across the world? It's not rocket science. All we want to do is gather pearls of wisdom together into one book for the world to use. Simple really!

The 'Will They Find Faith?' project is also going to be followed up with a national theatre tour in 2018! You could be part of this life-changing project and see the next generation grow up in faith.

We can't guarantee we'll use every submission (some may also need tweaking in order for the book to flow well) and we can't pay you for your submission, but we will ensure that your name is recorded clearly as the author of the particular item(s) you send. 

The easiest way to submit your ideas and words of wisdom is for you to fill out our form – click here to submit your wisdom now!

I will need your submissions by: Monday 13 March 2017

If you know anyone else that has some great ideas, then please share this with them too. Thank you for making it all the way down to the end of this email! It would be amazing if you would be willing to contribute your wisdom to the 'Will They Have Faith' project – I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Me 48 DH 58 DD 23 DS1 20 DS2 13

#2 hepzibah

hepzibah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54,789 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for passing this on :) It could be a great scheme.

gallery_376_7_1282.jpg hepzibah xx
My Blog The Hen Garden Recipe Book
DH = Josiah; two girls all grown up; and my mother who now lives with us.
And the rest of the family - our various cats and hens  ...

#3 Barbara

Barbara

Loved by God - Praise Him!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,295 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

sounds good!

Barbara

Mum to 3, mum-in-law to 3, grandma to 4
No longer a cube but very happy about it!

#4 collegemother

collegemother

collegemother

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,846 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:23 AM

:thumbs-up:

Be the difference you want to make in the world.

me 51 dh 43 dd 18 ds1 16 ds2 12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users