Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,058 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:26 AM

Have you taken it?
Do you take it?
Which type?
What have been the benefits and what is your long term plan with them time wise?
What have been the negatives or unwanted side effects?

I'm into the second half of my first week wearing an Evorel 25 patch which is oestrogen only and the lowest dose which is where you start. From what I've read no benefits are felt until you've increased at least to Evorel 50, but they also do 75 and 100.
Mum to 3 adult children in their 20's and Nana to an adorable 2 year old granddaughter. Also Mum to a nutty Golden Retriever and 2 lovely but independent felines.

Life is often a daily struggle but thanks to friends and the Sams I muddle through.

#2 hepzibah

hepzibah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54,789 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

Read round the subject, talked to DH, chose not to :)

gallery_376_7_1282.jpg hepzibah xx
My Blog The Hen Garden Recipe Book
DH = Josiah; two girls all grown up; and my mother who now lives with us.
And the rest of the family - our various cats and hens  ...

#3 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,058 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

What were the negatives that outweighed any positives for you hep? Mind, if you're not having any adverse menopausal affects there's no need to use any anyway.
Mum to 3 adult children in their 20's and Nana to an adorable 2 year old granddaughter. Also Mum to a nutty Golden Retriever and 2 lovely but independent felines.

Life is often a daily struggle but thanks to friends and the Sams I muddle through.

#4 Barbara

Barbara

Loved by God - Praise Him!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,291 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

Just never bothered!

Barbara

Mum to 3, mum-in-law to 3, grandma to 4
No longer a cube but very happy about it!

#5 hepzibah

hepzibah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54,789 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:13 AM

Long term risks of heart disease, blood clots etc ... and I couldn't wait for my periods to actually stop!

gallery_376_7_1282.jpg hepzibah xx
My Blog The Hen Garden Recipe Book
DH = Josiah; two girls all grown up; and my mother who now lives with us.
And the rest of the family - our various cats and hens  ...

#6 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,058 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

I am feeling a lot better physically and emotionally on the oestrogen patches, with the exception of my back pain. I might ask for one increase of dose because I've definitely felt better for being on them.

My only problem is because you can't put them on the trunk of your body, it's legs and arms. turn over once in bed and that's the patch gone! When I was with my xh and I had them following my full oophorectomy at 34 sometimes I'd go to sleep wearing a patch and we'd wake up and xh would be wearing it! Which was quite funny. You would have thought that they could have improved their stickiness in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users