3 replies to this topic

#1 EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Seeking Union

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,814 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:13 AM

It's a challenge we're making work right now. Like most challenges in family life, it involves compromise and understanding. The kids are involved in their dad's church, with youth and music ministry, and attend with him on a Sunday morning. I attend church on Saturday evening so there isn't overlap, and I have a group I go to on Thursday evenings. I also serve in the Foodbank which is situated in Dh's church so we kind of meet in the middle there.

It's not without some difficulty, being real life, and the ideal would be everyone worshipping together, but life is complicated like that. I post to share that challenges, when face head on, with honesty and generosity, can be overcome.
Dh 44 Me 40 Dd1 15 Dd2 13 Dd3 11 Ds 10

hp1.gifAslan is on the move!

Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Whether we like it or not - We are LOVED; Fr. Thomas Hopko.

#2 Noo

Noo

Admin

• PipPipPip
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

Good to hear that it is working for you EM.

It worked well for us for several years too, although DH eventually dropped out of church for reasons not connected to us being at separate churches.

I think I am in the minority, but I only really feel I can be myself and engage with God when I'm worshipping with relative strangers (I'm always more relaxed with people I don't know than those I do), so actually found it helpful :icon_redface:  

Me 48 DH 58 DD 23 DS1 20 DS2 13

#3 Barbara

Barbara

Loved by God - Praise Him!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,649 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

I can get that, Noo - People can be very distracting.   Mind you, my mind wanders far too easily anyway.  

Though we go to the same churches, I quite enjoy it when I go to a different church (in the same pair of churches) from DH

Barbara

Mum to 3, mum-in-law to 3, grandma to 4
No longer a cube but very happy about it!

#4 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,111 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

I like anonymity at times too Noo. I think no one asks or expects anything of you. You can just concentrate on God. If I had a car I'd attend the big inner city church, I loved it there, the worship was great and the anonymity I liked and the sermons were the right length for me.
Mum to 3 adult children in their 20's and Nana to an adorable 2 year old granddaughter. Also Mum to a nutty Golden Retriever and 2 lovely but independent felines. <br><br>
Life is often a daily struggle but thanks to friends and the Sams I muddle through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users