34 replies to this topic

#21 BecD

BecD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,371 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

We have now arranged to go to the in-laws for christmas so at the moment I have nothing to do!! Usually my SILs sort everything and I get left doing nothing as we have to travel (they all live near each other). I might offer to make some cakes though...

Me and DH, DD (5) and DS (3)

2017 – “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”” Lamentations 3:22-24

#22 Barbara

Barbara

Loved by God - Praise Him!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,669 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:38 PM

I'm in charge of puddings!

Barbara

Mum to 3, mum-in-law to 3, grandma to 4
No longer a cube but very happy about it!

#23 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,125 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:23 AM

I'm going to be at my bro and sil's with dd for the day itself. dd will stay here Christmas eve and we'll go there together then when I'm tired in the evening of Christmas day, she'll drive me home then return to stay there overnight. They tend to stay up having a drink or four until about 4am boxing day which definitely isn't me! Plus Tizzie won't be on her own too long.

I'm trying to find out the dates ds2 is down so I can arrange a whole family Christmas meal here but dd told me yesterday he has yet to be given his Christmas period shifts so he has no idea himself. So ds1 and family won't know until late on what day they're around I just hope they can make it too. I don't know whether I need to order a turkey etc because I'm unsure whether we'll have a family Christmas meal at mine. But it's a small problem and at least Christmas day is important.

Mum to 3 adult children in their 20's and Nana to an adorable 3 year old granddaughter. Also Mum to a nutty Golden Retriever and 2 lovely but independent felines.
Life is often a daily struggle but I muddle through.

#24 bushmum

bushmum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,410 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:58 AM

Well I looked at the food from Marks and Spencer's and drilled, and then remembered that they don't deliver to Australia. So I guess I will need to get organised.

Our Lord reigns for ever and ever.
ME, DH, DS15 and DD13.

#25 Barbara

Barbara

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,669 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

Possibly!   Soon   ............... ish!

Barbara

#26 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,125 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

I bought M&S Christmas order food last year, it was lush! I'm wondering if I'm too late to order a turkey crown from farmers choice having not been able to before. I'm still completely out of sync with Christmas this year. Not looking forward to it if I'm honest. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling that way!
Mum to 3 adult children in their 20's and Nana to an adorable 3 year old granddaughter. Also Mum to a nutty Golden Retriever and 2 lovely but independent felines.

#27 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,125 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Well I've ordered a turkey crown, a gammon joint, chipolatas and cranberry sauce with port from farmers choice ready for the meal I will be cooking for the children and their partners that will be coming. I've yet to hear about ds1 and family but the others are coming on the 29th so that'll be my Christmas day.

No idea what to have for dessert. Low carb, free from refined sugar, and low in saturated fat. Any ideas?

#28 JulietJoy

JulietJoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:53 AM

Baked peaches topped with a mix of honey, dried fruits, nuts and chopped stem ginger served with cinnamon and yogurt? I'm not sure that's entirely refined sugar free but you could play with the ingredients maybe? Star anise might be an interesting addition? The peaches need about 20 minutes at 180C. You can use tinned peaches too if pushed.

#29 Barbara

Barbara

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,669 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:39 PM

sounds good

Barbara

#30 Dipsy

Dipsy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,109 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

No idea what to have for dessert. Low carb, free from refined sugar, and low in saturated fat. Any ideas?

Strawberries/melon/grapes

14836591608_6a4ca3f114_o.jpg

Mum to : dd1 20yrs ds1 18 yrs dd2 15 yrs ds2 13 yrs dd3 11yrs ds3 9 yrs dd4 7 yrs ds4 5yrs dd5 3 yrs, dd6 1yrs

easterline.gif

#31 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,125 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:38 AM

I think that's probably what I will go for dipsy as it's easy. I could buy a small tub of a nice ice cream for those who want to add indulgence to it and jazz it up.

#32 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,125 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

To people who visit shops ... are the Christmas/new year editions of the TV guide magazines in the shops yet?

#33 Barbara

Barbara

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,669 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

Yes, or at least the one we take came in on Saturday

Barbara

#34 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,125 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

Great, I will buy one on Friday.

#35 Blessed By His Grace

Blessed By His Grace

Blessed by His Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,125 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

All I need do is spend the necessary hours creating the children's presents now, the few other presents I've bought are done. The meat for our Christmas meal on the 29th is being delivered this afternoon ready for my freezer. It's the most frugal budget Christmas to date but feels so much more Christmassy to me. If my cold allows I might walk to my local CofE church for candlelit carols on Sunday evening, the army wives choir are there so there should be some in tune voices to sing to! That'll be my first visit to a church this year. But I will see how this cold is doing. I love candlelit carols.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users